The Pequod Review:
Business and Self-Help are generally two of the lowest quality book genres, but Bob Burg's The Go-Giver is an exception. It's a short book that contains truly valuable life and career lessons, based loosely on the 5 laws below.
(1) The Law of Value — Your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment.
(2) The Law of Compensation — Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them.
(3) The Law of Influence — Your influence is determined by how abundantly you place other people’s interests first.
(4) The Law of Authenticity — The most valuable gift you have to offer is yourself.
(5) The Law of Receptivity — The key to effective giving is to stay open to receiving.
All I can say is that you need to read it.